Did you know there are thousands of small explosions inside your vehicle’s engine every minute when it is running? These explosions produce leftover gases that are made up of potentially dangerous ingredients such as carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, hydrocarbons, and nitrogen oxides. A good exhaust system routes away these harmful gases from the engine compartment and prevents it from getting into your lungs. It also dramatically impacts the sound, the look, and the performance of your engine. A poorly functioning exhaust system could mean that those toxic emissions are being piped into your vehicle, where they can do serious damage to your health. So, it is essential to have a properly working exhaust system to keep your car functioning at optimal performance.
Top Reasons to Upgrade Your Exhaust System
Here we’ve listed the top 5 reasons to upgrade your exhaust system.
- Upgrading the vehicle’s exhaust system by an auto repair service in Puyallup increases the high-end power of the car’s engine and helps it to achieve a nice boost in power. It also helps the engine breathe a little easier and release more horsepower and torque. Depending on the type of the vehicle you own and the upgrade you get, the performance of the vehicle increases.
- The increased torque burns less fuel and leads to better fuel economy.
- Upgraded exhaust system produces less noise. The quiet operation of the upgraded exhaust system attracts buyers who aren’t interested in a loud car.
- Upgraded exhaust parts enjoy longer life as they are made up of aluminized steel or stainless steel.
- Dual exhausts, side exit exhausts, and chrome exhaust stacks act as styling cues that indicate that your car is modified.
The Bottom Line
Exhaust systems are an essential part of the car. Having a good exhaust system saves on gas mileage and will help your vehicle function better. Talk to the experienced professionals at an auto repair in Puyallup now to get more details on upgrading your vehicle’s exhaust system.